Southern Petroleum Laboratories, Inc. (“SPL”) is recognized by the petroleum industry as a leader in the field of hydrocarbon testing and gas and liquid measurement. We feel a strong responsibility toward providing safe and environmentally-responsible solutions for the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries.
SPL is currently accepting applications for Field Technicians in our Belle Chasse, LA facility.
· Procure gas and or liquid samples at field locations.
· Verify measurement equipment is calibrated and working properly.
· Perform plate changes, radio configuration/installation, EFM configuration/updates and historical data collections as requested by clients.
· Keep a log of equipment for audit requirements.
· Schedule work activities and calibrations with clients to provide service efficiently.
· Load and transport equipment to provide services at multiple sites daily.
· Observe and participate in any safety orientation and training requested by the client.
· Prepare and distribute reports promptly for clients and SPL managements.
· High school degree or equivalent required.
· At least 1 year of experience in natural gas measurement required.
· Must be PC literate.
· Electronics background a plus.
· Two years of work experience required
· Electrical and/or mechanical experience/knowledge preferred
· Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds of equipment on a routine basis.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and may exercise independent judgment in completing assignments.
· Professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Familiar with computer programs, like Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to stand and walk for moderate periods of time.
· Ability to work extended and varying hours based upon workload and or client requirements.
SPL's hydrocarbon services include testing of refinery gasses, sulfur compounds and petroleum fingerprinting. Our hydrocarbon testing laboratory provides the exact compositional make-up of liquids and gas to determine the accurate market value of the product and how the product should be refined and processed.
We pride ourselves on our field service capabilities coupled with the technical expertise. The field services include liquid and gas measurement accounting and allocation as well as consulting services for loss and unaccounted for gas.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and 401(k).