Southern Petroleum Laboratories, Inc. ("SPL") is recognized by the petroleum industry as a leader in the field of hydrocarbon testing and gas and liquid measurement. We feel a strong responsibility toward providing safe and environmentally-responsible solutions for the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries.
SPL is currently accepting applications for Field Technicians in our Pleasanton, Texas facility.
• Procure gas and or liquid samples at field locations.
• Verify measurement equipment is calibrated and working properly
• Perform plate changes, radio configuration/installation, EFM configuration/updates and historical data collections as requested by clients.
• Keep a log of equipment for audit requirements
• Schedule work activities and calibrations with clients to provide service efficiently.
• Load and transport equipment to provide services at multiple sites daily.
• Observe and participate in any safety orientation and training requested by the client.
• Prepare and distribute reports promptly for clients and SPL managements.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but, not required.
• 0-2 years of experience in natural gas measurement and liquid measurement.
• Must be PC literate.
• Electronics background a plus.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds of equipment on a routine basis.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and may exercise independent judgment in completing assignments.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Mid to high level computer literacy of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to stand and walk for moderate periods of time.
• Ability to work extended and varying hours based upon workload and or client requirements.
• Ability to stay overnight for extended periods of time near work locations.