Why Mutual of Omaha is the right company for you!
Are you looking for a new career to marry your existing contacts/book of business with industry leading products and services? Mutual of Omaha, a company with the strength, stability and security that comes from over 100 years of satisfying customers, has exceptional opportunities for insurance-based financial advisors who are motivated, have a history of success, and possess a passion for making a difference in people’s lives.
Our well-established career path for insurance-based financial advisors will help establish you as the main resource for all of your clients’ financial needs, and positions you for even more client referrals.
As a Financial Advisor, you will:
- Build a business from an office in a market you choose, making face-to-face contacts with individuals, associations, & businesses
- Cultivate and get to know clients, sharing your expertise in assessing needs and objectives in order to deliver appropriate investments and services
- Receive unmatched support to help pass your licensing exams
- Receive in-depth financial and business development training
- Be able to earn what you are worth; your pay reflects an unlimited income
As a Financial Advisor, you can:
- Build a business where you work for yourself, but not by yourself
- Earn commissions, bonuses, prospecting accounts, residuals, and incentive travel
- Earn a career in a stable, secure industry…no fear of layoffs or being made redundant
- Spend your workdays making a real difference in people’s lives
Qualities that help you succeed:
- A solid sales or management history (although not necessary)
- The commitment and relationship-building skills crucial to establishing long-term clients
- Relationships within your community that can help you build a client base. (Memberships in civic/social organizations have been helpful)
- The desire & motivation to work on commission for unlimited earning potential
- The ability to be highly driven, sales-oriented and self-managing
- The desire and capacity to work autonomously from an office in your community
- 100% acceptance of responsibility for results
- Above-average ambition and desire to succeed
- Above-average willpower and determination; self-discipline is a key;
- High level of customer empathy
- Does not take "no" personally
- Has the ability to approach strangers, even when it is uncomfortable to them
- Must have Life, accident & Health insurance licenses to start OR the ability to obtain licenses prior to start date (we will assist you in attaining the licenses if you do not already have it)
- Encouraged to obtain Series 6/63 or Series 7 within 1 year & Series 65 or Series 66 within 2 years
- Must have reliable transportation (A reliable automobile is necessary for this position)
- Must have own personal laptop with Microsoft Office already installed
- Bachelors and/or Associates degree preferred,prior experience in the industry, or familiarity with the overall career (this could be in the manner under which you first learned about the industry & thisposition)
- Able to work full-time (with some schedule flexibility permitted). Must have good Time Management skills
- Must provide evidence of employment history that recognizes past work stability, which also pertains to yourprior experience, current situation and future plans relevant to this position.
- Must show evidence indicating that a career planning process has been developed in a realistic & logicalmanner which also shows how well you know, understand,and are knowledgeable about the industry & the financial services sales career in itself
- Must consent to a full background investigation which will serve as a factor in establishing eligibility for contracting with Mutual of Omaha
- Must have Strong Moral and Ethical believes and a strong will to help others
- Must be Personable,Patient, & Open-Minded. Must be Creative and be able to continually DifferentiateYourself from competitors. Should constantly want to improve upon oneself, both personally & professionally
- Must have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and an understanding and belief of the importance of insurance and financial advising
Our Financial Advisors receive all the training and support they need to run an office and help clients achieve their long-term financial goals. So if you're ready to maximize your efforts in exchange for greater independence, more career satisfaction and better financial rewards, apply now for a career at Mutual of Omaha as an Insurance-based financial advisor.
Visit us at:www.advisorcareers.comorwww.rewardingtalent.com