Firmware Engineer, Bruker Optics
Bruker Optics has an immediate need for a Software engineer to design and implement science instrument software and firmware for a commercial product release with extremely tight deadline and minimal ramp-up. This position is located in our Woodlands, TX office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Design, develop, document, test and maintain embedded applications in C++ for 32-bit ARM microcontrollers in commercial scientific instruments with emphasis on hardware control (e.g. motor control).
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software, and 3 years of current, relevant, commercial-quality embedded software development experience. Experience in Microcontroller (Cortex M3 and Keil IDE prefered), Motion Control (PID, PWM, DC Brushless Motors, Homing), I2C/spi coding, C++, Linux, VHDL programming (preference for Xilinx), Arm9, and GIT.
· Low-level servo motor control, including PWM, homing, and micro-stepping techniques
· SPI bus communications
· Recent development experience on ARM Cortex microcontrollers or similar
· GPIO, USB, TCP, DMA, flash file systems
· Proficiency in modern C++ development
· Multithreaded processing and IPC methods
· Hands on experience using oscilloscopes, signal generators and multimeters
· Ability to read board schematics and interface with electronics
· VHDL and FPA familiarity
· Real-time operating systems such as FreeRTOS
· Demonstrated commitment to quality software
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Ability to work independently in a small team and effectively under schedule pressure
Bruker Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive benefits, compensation, excellent growth opportunity and a business casual atmosphere in a professional setting. Please send your resume with your salary requirements to: email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiters, please.