Get new similar jobs by email for
Atlantic Natural Foods - Food Scientist-Nashville, NC
About the Company
Atlantic Natural Foods is a private label manufacture of high quality vegetarian and vegan foods. Our products are all natural, high in protein, balanced in salt, and low in fat.
We have over 90,000 square feet dedicated to manufacturing, labeling, warehousing and R&D.
The position is not limited to the following but it a rough outline of the duties that you will be handling:
Provide the leadership and technical skills to effectively create and manage the new product development within our organization, to include:
· Build Superior New Products by leveraging your knowledge and skill sets in Product Development. It is expected that you continuously develop your competencies in these areas so that you are able to make significant contributions to development of new products and/or extend-the-gap on quality of existing products.
· Serve as a technical lead on projects by applying best practice project management skills in order to successfully bring projects from concept to commercialization. You will have the opportunity to participate on our cross functional teams charged with bringing projects to successful commercialization.
· Challenge your ability to influence others and develop strong relationships with other members from Production, Quality, and Supply.
· Leverage your network of industry, academic and vendor relationships to help guide rapid development solve problems and effectively extend our technical resources.
· Challenge your skillfulness and effectiveness as a communicator by negotiating with all internal customers regarding their requests/demands for your services so that business needs are met and team members feel good about their accomplishments.
· Continuously learn new skills and knowledge because the projects you work on will require you to constantly become more proficient in a wide range of areas.
· Develops technical solutions to complex problems, functioning as an internal expert and troubleshooter
· Performs measurements and statistical analysis
· Invents new technical areas and unique approaches
· Translates technical knowledge and scientific information into product/processes. Works with internal and external groups to resolve and provide solutions/improvements
· Ensures the work environment is sanitary, safe and orderly
· Make recommendations to Executive Management that will enhance the level of success
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Food Science, Food Technology or Biology
· A minimum of 5 Years Experience (Experience in Food Science Research and Product Development)
· Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives.
· Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources.
· Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions.
· The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing scale environments.
· Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks.
· Strong communication skills (excel, word, oral and written).
· Extensive experience in ingredient functionality and product formulation.
· Proven ability to determine root causes, development challenges and issues into fundamental problems and design product solutions.
· Retains a substantial connection with academic leaders/institutions and ability to leverage network for solutions and results. Possess a formal and informal network with federal and state agencies, professional and research organizations, and universities.
· Proven ability to design and complete basic and applied research.
· Track record of technical coaching and mentorship.
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time.