Who We Are
Lifeblue is a digital agency originally started in Dallas, TX with a lofty goal: to save the world from bad Design. We're an iterative, experimental group of T-shaped craftspeople searching for a front-end developer combination designer to join our tight-knit clan on this mission and help service our clients in the Houston area. (If you want to see more about us, you know where to go.)
Who You Are
You follow the heavy-hitters and trailblazers of the industry and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge being shared by the web community, but you also know when to tune them out and blaze your own darn trail.
What You Won't Be Doing
- Making and slicing comps.
- Minding your own business and punching your timesheet at the end of the day.
- Working in a silo or on a pixel assembly line.
- Getting by as just another cog in the machine.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for shaping how we approach front-end development at Lifeblue. The future depends on you. You will...
- Build the front end of our websites with über-semantic, insanely accessible HTML5.
- Add some richness to the site with a scoop of Microdata.
- Beautify it with modular, efficient, responsive CSS3, compiled from a pre-processor like LESS.
- Ensure your code's standards-compliant and cross-browser compatible – and if you think that means it all has to look the same in every browser, you've got another thing coming.
- Control all that deliciousness using a version control system like Git.
Your job is not limited to pixels and tags. You will also...
- Be involved in site development from the beginning stages.
- Utilize some of your design skills and make things look awesome.
- Sketch a lot, so hone your UI/UX/IxD/WTF skills.
- Contribute to content strategy and creation.
- Meet with clients over the phone and in person, presenting site prototypes.
- Come into contact with some back-end code (PHP) in the process, so the more you know, the better.
- Exhibit that general awesomeness that makes you "You."
Why You'll Be Doing It
It's all about the perks, ain't it? At Lifeblue, we offer...
- Competitive compensation, health/dental benefits, 401(k).
- Flexible scheduling and vacationing. No limiting "vacation policy" or set "work hours."
- A results-only work environment.
- The chance to work with a special collection of talented people that balance truth and passion.
- An opportunity to shape this company. We need your expertise.
- A culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further. But we still know how to "cut loose," as they say.
- Video games, ping pong, board games, group events, and a great sense of camaraderie to help keep everyone sane.
- An environment of constant collaboration with other team members. A challenge, but a rewarding one.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.