Seeking a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills to join the Front Office Team of a large medical practice as a Front Office Assistant (“FOA”). The person in this role will work as part of a team and be responsible for greeting patients in person and on the telephone, as well as preparing and distributing medical records. Depending on the duties of the day the new FOA will oversee the patient check-in/check-out process, e.g., validate insurance information, collect payments, apply CPT codes, and schedule appointments or be responsible for pulling, routing, and filling medical records as well as preparing charts for patient visits. A successful FOA will be able to process information quickly, maintain excellent customer service skills, route charts at a rapid pace, and work in a manner that is organized and error free.
· Greet patients as they enter the office or contact the office by telephone.
· Answer all incoming calls and redirect them to the appropriate department.
· Schedule appointments and take phone messages while managing several phone lines and simultaneously overseeing the check-in/check-out process.
· Check-In and Check-Out all patients per the office protocols.
· Work proficiently with EPM and EHR Software.
· Collect all forms of payment (using established office protocols) and ensure that all payments are properly posted in EPM Software.
· Review and validate patients’ insurance and information to ensure accurate billing.
· Error free coding of patients’ visits in EMP Software.
· Work closely with the Front Office and Clinical teams to ensure a smooth flow of patients and minimal wait times.
· The ideal candidate is able to process information quickly, route charts at a rapid pace, and work in a manner that is organized and error free.
· Pull and prep charts for same day and next day appointments.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Multi-tasking skills.
· Knowledge of CPT coding and medical billing procedures.
· Strong desire to work with the public and help the practice’s patients.
· Attention to detail in all aspects of work in order to minimize errors.
· Ability to respect and relate well with patients and fellow employees..
· Proficient in using computers and Microsoft Office programs.
· Work three days a week and as part of a Saturday rotation.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
· High School graduate.
· Formal Medical Front Office Training (preferred).
· At least one year experience in a similar roll in a medical office environment.
· Familiarity with medical terminology and triage procedures.
· Ability to communicate and empathize with patients.
· Ability to speak, read, and write English.