We are looking for a do-it-all manager to lead our Wilmington / Leland, NC warehouse operation and assume total responsibility for the success of the company by driving sales and building the brand. We are a well-established name in the online retail of shooting and hunting articles with a 14-year history. We operate a main website in the US with a second website planned for which you will be fully responsible and two international websites (where you will provide export support). Not only will you handle the daily tasks of customer service and order fulfillment, you’ll have the opportunity to work with many of the largest companies in hunting and defense equipment in the US and internationally. We are a disabled, veteran-owned entrepreneurial company and are looking for a motivated individual with entrepreneurial skills to take the company to the next level. The ideal candidate is hard-working, disciplined, responsible, honest and intent on building a career by being an integral part of building a company. The job responsibilities are wide-ranging and require flexibility, initiative and an ability to effectively and productively use your time.
E-commerce General Manager
- Manage US operations which includes receiving shipments from international gun parts and accessories suppliers and organizing the shipment to our international office of US made hunting and defense articles;
- Handle customer service including answering customer inquiries by email and helpdesk;
- Handle sales process through delivery. This includes processing, packing and shipping internet orders for our US e-commerce site using our logistics management system and shipping management system (process is largely automated);
- Rigorously use our online task-management system to systematize processes and achieve results;
- Receive inventory and shelf incoming stock. Undertake yearly inventory audits.
- Process customer returns;
- Maintain and improve the website. Create product descriptions and product instructional materials (possibly including shooting videos), lead site updates, etc;
- Online and offline marketing to advance our brand and sales including through the use of social marketing (i.e. Facebook, etc.);
- Grow the retail and wholesale sales channels by proactive sales efforts to attract new dealers;
- Support existing wholesale accounts;
- Lead our international sourcing efforts by identifying desirable product in order that our international office can then pursue its procurement;
- Grow the supply chain by proactively sourcing new US 921R compliance products.
- Strong interest in firearms and shooting. Knowledge of international weapon platforms (specifically ComBloc firearms) a plus;
- Technical background a plus;
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to provide good customer service to customers;
- Ability to proactively connect with possible wholesale customers who may be interested in carrying the brands we exclusively import;
- Must be used to working through a computer. A large part of this job is communication via email and messenger, simple website administration, online marketing, etc. Must be able to complete work on the computer quickly and productively including good typing skills;
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining constant contact and coordinating with the head office.
- This is a salaried position and you will be expected to work as long as needed to accomplish the day’s tasks. A basic schedule of 9 to 6 (or 8 to 5) with a half-hour for lunch;
- Customer service is a 24/7 job and you will be expected to check online the customer inquiries list as needed during off hours such as spending a half hour with your morning coffee on weekends to ensure a backlog does not arise. We answer all questions and ship all packages within 24 hours (except weekends) and you are responsible to make sure we meet these targets. We’re looking for a person who is looking for a career, not just a job. If you’re ready for ‘you don’t go home till it gets done’ then this is a position for you;
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s degree is preferred;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience;
- Track record of job stability/ tenure;
- Salaried position with a base salary and a monthly commission on sales (%) paid quarterly;
- Great opportunity for career and financial advancement. If you’re a star, you’ll realize all of the benefits that go with stardom;
- You’ll work independently in the office/warehouse with a shipping manager reporting to you. Should the need arise, add’l customer service staff will be hired. You’ll coordinate with a staff of four working at our int’l office;
- Veterans and Wounded Warriors encouraged to apply!
- Send resume and cover letter explaining your interest and background in shooting, hunting and/or firearms as well as why you are the ideal candidate to drive our company to new heights!