Get new similar jobs by email for
Alaska Sheet Metal, a company of the Superior Group, Inc., an Employee Owned mechanical and electrical contracting company is actively recruiting for a General Manager with a well-developed understanding of the financial, managerial and profit aspects of a commercial HVAC company. Must have an aptitude for building and motivating teams in order to accomplish successful projects and a focus on customer service while maintaining profitability.
The general manager will be directly responsible for the total construction effort, including financial, administrative, and technical direction to ensure the company is profitable and projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Understanding of financial statements, progress billings, cost to complete and jobsite project management is essential, able to communicate in English both written and verbal, good multitasking skills and experience supervising multiple employees.
Critical functions include but are not limited to:
· Management and motivational efforts for personnel
· Ability to solve problems and execute policies and procedures
· Basic statistical and analytical business skills with a focus on budget management and financial statement analysis
· Establish and manage solid relationships with general contractors, owners, and other contractors for marketing and client development
· Planning coordination and/or supervision of activities to achieve preset levels of performance in terms of quantity of work produced and profitability.
· Experience in management, including the construction industry
· Background and supervisory / management experience in project management and sheet metal industry
· State of Alaska Mechanical Administrator License
• Competitive wage
• Medical and Dental benefits
• ESOP pension and profit sharing in accordance with Corporate Policy
• Paid leave and holidays in accordance with Corporate Policy
• Continuing educational opportunities in accordance with Corporate Policy