Get new similar jobs by email for
Global Sales Support Manager
Ø Intuitive Engineering
Ø Custom Capabilities
These are the key concepts that have helped to make Kontron one of the world’s leading suppliers of embedded computer technology. Founded in 1962 and headquartered in Germany, we design and manufacture standard-based and custom embedded and communication solutions for OEMs, systems integrators, and application providers in a variety of market segments such as data and telecommunications, automation, mobile computing, medical technology, military technology, aerospace, and measuring and control engineering.
Our engineering and manufacturing facilities are located in Europe (Southern Germany), North America (San Diego, Fremont and Montreal) and Asia (Taipei, Beijing, and Penang). You will not find another embedded computing company as global as Kontron. We employ around 1,500 people worldwide, including, but not limited to, opportunities in engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and accounting.
In addition to being an established, global presence with opportunities for growth, we encourage communication through all levels of the organization to ensure a common direction and allow our employees to make informed decisions. Our culture has been created by the people who work here, making Kontron a fast-paced, friendly, and enjoyable workplace with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, which includes a generous 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement, and an every day casual dress code policy.
Currently, we have an exciting opening for the following position:
Global Sales Support
GSS is a common function across all of the Kontron business units. The GSS team is the “first line” support link between the outside sales team and the key departments within the business units (Administration/Marketing/Manufacturing/Business Development/Engineering/Technical Support all are within the business unit).
Your main areas of focus will include:
· Provide general pre-sales support by answering phone and email questions about products, applications, pricing, availability and lead times.
· Act as product portfolio and industry specialist.
· Assist Sales in reviewing customer requests for proposals and specifications needed to determine the best fit product solution options. Determine solution path to reach customer requirements. Present proposals to customers as needed.
· Work with other Kontron entities as needed to obtain information for NA Sales efforts and to support their selling efforts for NA created products.
· Act as a Program Manager for new key accounts that are in the development phase.
· Assist with channel sales agenda as needed.
· Follow-up to determine the results of the customer engagement for tracking purposes. Complete sales funnel updates to track all business unit opportunities, using Sales Force or other CRM tools.
· Contract review skills
· All other related tasks as assigned
Ideally, you will have:
· Technical college degree
· 5+ years experience in the rugged military embedded market
· 5+ years experience in x86-based product sales, sales development and product management
· Knowledge of open system bus standards
· Proven leadership and management skills
· Excellent oral, written, presentation, spreadsheet and communication skills.
· Ability to decipher ambiguous and conflicting information to set and drive strategic initiatives
· Proven strong negotiation skills and ability to work under pressure
· Strong project and process management skills.
· Travel as needed
We invite you to explore Kontron for your new career. Visit http://us.kontron.com/about-kontron/careers/ for more details. To apply, email your resume directly to ResumeAdmin@us.kontron.com, referencing job code GSSM. If you need any assistance in applying for a position with Kontron America, please email email@example.com or call Human Resources at (858) 677-0877 and direct assistance will be provided. Kontron is listed on the German TecDAX stock exchange under the symbol “KBC”.
Kontron America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans to apply.