Employment opportunities at Stanley Steemer may be available in both our corporately-owned and independently-owned operations. Search online for available openings, or call the location that interests you, as not all positions may be posted online.
You can search and apply online for positions available in our corporately-owned operations. Zip code searches will allow you to access both corporately and independently-owned locations. Just enter a zip code in the box on the left for any city where you may want to work. Planning to relocate? Enter the zip code of the area you are considering to search for positions in that area. Positions and availability will vary by location.
One thing is certain – when you work for Stanley Steemer, you work for the industry leader. Our success is driven by your success! Stanley Steemer understands that it’s our employees that keep our business at the top of our industry. We remain focused on our employees, providing opportunities to develop your skills, further your career, and achieve your goals.
Stanley Steemer values people of all backgrounds; every employee, business partner and customer is important to us. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Stanley Steemer is looking for a Graphic Designer with at minimum of 4 years of branded graphic design experience to join our fast paced in-house marketing team. Responsibilities include designing various marketing materials such as direct mail and collateral pieces, newspaper and magazine ads, packaging, billboards as well as ability to create digital display ads in flash with a basic understanding of HTML.
This designer will need to take a project from concept to design through production, working with both internal and external clients as well as a variety of production vendors. Extensive knowledge of the production process for both print and digital production is a must.This designer will also need to have a keen understanding and ability to work with HTML and flash to produce both emails and animated display ads.Please submit a digital portfolio to be considered.
The graphic designer is responsible for the conceptualization, design, and execution of creative projects on schedule and within budget. Responsible for the creative design, development and execution of a variety of marketing communication materials, including print advertising fliers, direct mail, and promotional materials that capture our customers' attention and deliver results. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Oversight responsibilities for development of vendor project production specifications, cost estimates, and vendor instructions. Works closely with internal customers, in particular, Regional Marketing Managers, District Managers, General Managers, and other marketing managers and staff. Oversees and executes multiple projects simultaneously while driving aggressive deadlines.
- Coordinate with marketing managers to affirm marketing objectives, discuss effective creative direction, ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the improvement of marketing materials.
- Create layout and design, including images and copy, of ciculars, point of purchase merchandising, ROP, direct mail, promotional materials, packaging, brouchures, ads, product sell sheets, catalogs, presentations, web site pages, display graphics and a variety of other graphic marketing materials as needed.
- Assess the need for and develop new collateral as needed; work with managers to design and product new materials.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with managers and making necessary changes.
- Confer with managers to discuss and determine layout design and suggest improvements as needed.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products. Organizes and maintains all creative props, displays, and signage.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Prepare notes and instructions for interns or vendors who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Ensure accuracy of file set-up and all out going artwork. Review and approve graphic materials, copy materials, and proofs of printed copy.
- Responsible for revisions to artwork, approvals, and accuracy of information.
- Modify and refine creative designs, to confirm to production limitations or changes in design trends.
- Share creative ideas with franchise partners to reinforce a unified brand image.
- Review franchise material to determine if it conforms to brand standards and specifications communicated.
- Manage outside printing and other production to ensure that marketing materials are available at all times.
- Present designs to marketing manager for approval, and discuss need for modification.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of all product lines and uses this knowledge to develop content.
- Maintain the broad line of collateral currently available and ensuring that the content is current and that the material is available to Operations and other affected audiences.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
- 4+ years knowledge and expert level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Project Management/Organizational skills
- Minimum 4 years experience as a graphic designer
- 4+ years experience in insourcing and outsourcing creative jobs to meet multiple project deadlines.
- 5+ years in consumer marketing.
Stanley Steemer hires the highest quality individuals to serve our customers. Therefore, candidates will be required to pass a drug test, motor vehicle record and criminal background check. EOE