Please visit Wesley Enhanced Living Website to apply directly.
The HVAC Mechanic is responsible for the overall upkeep of residential apartments and public area equipment through responsive, accurate and efficient maintenance. This will be accomplished through the performance of simple tasks that require the application of general maintenance and skilled repair techniques, materials, tools and equipment. The HVAC Mechanic serves as a member of the Maintenance & Engineering team that is responsible for the physical condition of the campus.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
The HVAC Mechanic is responsible for the overall maintenance of the heating and cooling systems of the community. May require State licensing/certification.
1. Performs routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
2. Perform as requested, maintenance of all heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
3. Responds to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
4. Inspects, monitors and evaluates efficiency and safety of systems to ensure efficient, trouble free operation.
5. Reads blueprints and isometrics, prepare sketches as required to document work.
6. Performs repairs of Commercial Kitchen equipment and refrigeration equipment
7. Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
8. Maintains a PM program with assistance for the site Director to insure the facilities investment is maintained.
9. Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
10. Will assist other Maintenance & Engineering personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs.
11. Assists in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies of the campus to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
12. Responsible for Snow removal of the campus with team approach.
13. Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
14. Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Facilities Operations Director in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community.
15. Is responsible for maintaining Boilers, Chillers, corresponding pumps & Cooling Towers and associated Plumbing and Piping
16. Is responsible for maintaining all RTU’s, Split systems, Fan Coils & P-Tact’s
17. Responsible for Maintaining Domestic Hot Water Plants and Mixing Valves.
18. Maintains all Controls of BAS or systems to insure proper operation.
Must possess a working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring and appliances. Must have knowledge of HVAC & Refrigeration Equipment
Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability of effectively work with residents and staff.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move
Light furniture. Standing on one’s feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking.
Ability to push and pull, climb and descend ladder to 6/8 feet.