The Head of Retail Banking is responsible for overseeing the performance of the retail business line and the retail banking center network to assure successful service delivery and strategy fulfillment.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishes goals, strategies, policies and procedures that are consistent with overall bank policies, operating objectives, and regulatory requirements. Bring the financial institution up to date and train those who need to use new processes.
- Provides information for and participates in preparing the retail budget, as needed. Reviews reports and compares actual with planned budgetary performance, making adjustments when needed.
- Assures that assigned personnel, equipment, and space are utilized in the best manner. Initiates recommendations for expenditures related to maintenance, facility upgrade, or structure changes to support and enhance service delivery.
- Develops and trains a competent staff to meet present and future requirements.
- Keeps abreast of local and national economic, financial, political, and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on activities. Implements adjustments as needed to meet the needs of the changing environment.
- Works with Human Resources and Marketing to develop, implement, and manage retail sales strategies and related incentive plans to ensure the achievement of market growth and profitability goals.
- Develops, implements, and manages strategies for delivery of quality and effective customer service through the retail banking network.
- Assists in the maximization of non-interest income through sales activities, product penetration, and collection of fees.
- Identifies and proposes potential new consumer product and fee income generating offerings.
- Maintains professional and community relations to increase the bank's visibility and business opportunities.
- Engages or enrolls in a sufficient number of educational schools, seminars, or workshops to maintain adequate competency level in banking operations.
- Participates on or leads committees as requested.
- Complies with regulations, policies, and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to BSA/AML.
- Maintains confidentiality of bank and customer information.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
Management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills must be exhibited to positively represent the bank and motivate personnel. Must demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, including financial statements and regulatory documents. Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
For additional information regarding this position or other banking or agricultural positions, please reach out to top banking recruiter
confidential direct line
The small print:
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
(Location listed is the closest sizable town. The actual town is rural. This is done to protect the identity of the company).