Looking for a career change or something more rewarding, come join and be a part of our agency !!
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) provides access to affordable, quality health care to millions of Georgians, including some of the state's most vulnerable and underserved populations. DCH was created in 1999 to serve as the lead agency for health care planning and purchasing in Georgia.
DCH is responsible for Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids,® the State Health Benefit Plan, Healthcare Facility Regulation and Health Information Technology in Georgia.
Analyzes Department of Community Health’s (DCH) business needs and participates in the planning, design and implementation of new or enhanced systems. Supports the DCH business units in the use of functional business tools and systems support.
We currently have a vacancy in our Informtation Technology Division, as a Healthcare Information Technology Project Manager.
- Follows Project Management Body of Knowledge best practices
- Develops work breakdown structures for new and enhanced applications
- Serves as liaison between internal and external customers and technical staff in the development of clear and accurate business requirements.
- Researches application defects and develops corrective action plans
- Follows change management procedures for system enhancements and transitions to new systems.
- Consults with vendors and/or technical staff to insure that functionality of an automated system is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Adheres to DCH and the Georgia Technology Authority’s Policies and Procedures
- May develop and administers training for business and technical users.
- Manages project resources and staffing.
- Tracks and manages project issues and action items to ensure their timely completion
- Manages mitigation strategies, probability of occurrence and impact of project risks
- Completes assignments for projects on schedule and on budget
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Certified Project Management Professional - Preferred
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10 and overall Project Management
- Experienced as a Business Analyst, System Analyst or Project Manager supporting Medicaid Management Information Systems - Preferred
- Strong understanding and experience working with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services’ requirement to convert from International Classification of Disease – 9th Edition to the International Classification of Disease – 10th Edition.
- Experienced making health care system presentations to stake holders and business associates.
- Experienced leading Joint Application Design meetings.
- Ability to research, analyze information and make recommendations.
- Ability to determine functional needs and system requirements.
- Ability to develop solutions based on analysis.
- Ability to evaluate existing systems and understand their structure and component parts.
- Knowledge of applications and inter-relationships with programs and/or systems.
- Ability to prepare models, diagrams and layouts.
- Knowledge of agency documentation process.
- Ability to document project standards and methodologies.
- Ability to develop effective and feasible business area solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years experience as a successful Healthcare Information Technology Project leader
Associate degree in a related field and five years experience as a successful Healthcare Information Technology Project leader
Minimum of seven years of proven experience as a successful Healthcare Information Technology Project leader with extensive knowledge of ICD-10.
For information about the benefits the state has to offer visithttp://www.spa.ga.gov/rewardsIndex.asp