Responsible for the efficient, profitable and safe operation of facility and successfully supervise, train and develop store employees in order to consistently deliver an unparallel customer service experience.Store Leaders must be available to work holidays, nights, and weekends as required by the company.Store leaders will rotate weekends off and/or split the weekends with their Assistant Store leaders.
Position Reporting Structure:
Position reports directly to District Manger.
Key Performance Areas
1. Meet monthly and annual sales objectives: fuel and merchandise.
2. Operate within monthly expense guidelines: labor, turnover, supplies, utilities, services, and misc.
3. Operate within monthly shrink guidelines: product, food service, fuel, and cash.
- Daily Report: submit in a timely, accurate, and legible manner as per company policy
- Banking: make daily bank deposits in a timely and accurate manner as per company policy
- Price Changes: make all fuel and merchandise price changes in a timely and accurate manner as per company policy
- Safety: ensure full compliance of company and OSHA workplace safety standards, including food service
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): ensure full compliance as per federal law and company guidelines
- Restricted Sales: ensure full compliance of company, local, state, and FDA laws regarding the sale of tobacco & alcohol to minors
- Vendor Control: follow company policy on vendor product check-in to ensure accurate counts and cost extensions
- Inventory Control: ensure proper merchandise inventory levels to prevent out of stocks; control shrink within company guidelines
- Environmental: ensure full compliance of company, state and Federal environmental laws
- Fuel Management: ensure proper inventory levels to prevent run-outs; stick tanks for water, and lock fill caps
- Record Keeping: maintain accurate records for all store related operations in a safe and secure place as per company policy (* Payroll, * Fuel, * Safety, * EEO, * Employee Files, * Complaints, * Accidents, * Environmental, * Lottery)
- Appearance, Retailing, & Merchandising Standards: ensure full compliance of company standards
- Programs & Promotions: implement and execute all company programs & promotions as per company policy
- Equipment & Facility: maintain all equipment, including the building structure, to ensure cost effective operational efficiency
- Home Office Interface: maintain a strong working relationship with home office personnel to ensure operational excellence.
- Cash: Ensures all sales transactions are accurately recorded and all cash handling procedures are followed
- Food Service: ensures that proper cleaning procedures and materials are used to maintain a clean, organized and sanitary food service operation
- H.A.C.C.P: ensure all product is cooked and held to proper guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned by the District Leader
1. Consistently uses daily planner in order to effectively plan and organize work schedule.
2. Consistently meets deadlines.
3. Effectively communicates and actively participates at meetings.
4. Maintains organized and professional office.
5. Leads by example and sets high standards for all team members in all aspects of the job.
- Proactively manages the recruiting process rather than from a reactive position when a staffing need arises.
- Establish multiple recruiting strategies, to include: employee referrals; vendor referrals; customer referrals; personal relationships network; competition, in addition to in store POP.
- Conducts weekly interviews regardless of staffing needs and maintains a filing system that indentifies pre-screened “go to” candidates.
- Maintains the highest standards in employee selection by adhering to company policies on interviewing and utilizes company interview and selection tools.
Training & Development:
- Provide orientation and on-going OJT in order to provide the knowledge, skills, tools and confidence that enable new hires to achieve their full potential, resulting in the stores ability to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ongoing training and development of team members including the development of assistant managers and future store managers.
- Consistently and effectively delegates to various team members in an effort to develop future leaders.
- Responsible for creating a work environment that fosters and builds employee engagement resulting in high performance employees and a strong sense of team.
- Effectively conducts monthly store team meetings that include setting goals, reporting results, recognition, on-going training and customer service initiatives.
- Effectively communicates with all team members and utilizes communication log.
- Maintains a fair and consistent work culture that respects all team members.
- Creates scheduling opportunities to work with all team members in order to build relationships.
- Strives to become an “employer of choice” by creating a work environment where people want to work.
- Coaching should include: providing employees with clear direction; establishing clear goals and objectives that include holding employees accountable with positive and negative consequences.
- Consistently provide on-going coaching to store employees to ensure high levels of productivity and performance.
- Works with all team members on all shifts in order to provide ongoing development as well as accurately measure their job performance.
- Provide immediate and continuous job performance feedback that is honest, insightful, and helpful, so employees clearly understand their strengths as well as their weaknesses so that they can work on those areas that require improvement.
- Quickly acknowledge and show appreciation for a job well done, as well as quickly identity non-performers and help them improve.
- Quickly and properly execute consequences for non performance which may include termination.
- Adheres to company policy on delivering formal performance evaluations on all team members.
- Quickly identifies low performers and sets goals and works to improve their performance.
- Quickly and appropriately removes low performers from the team when necessary and refrains from holding on to employees simply to avoid the need to hire.
- Adheres to all of the above Human Capital Components in order to retain the best team members.
- Maintains retention log and measures reasons for turnover.
- Proactively looks for potential signs of turnover and makes efforts to ensure company is retaining high performers
- Identities and is able to communicate individual team members shoves and tugs in order to improve retention.
- Develop personal relationships with all customers by consistently delivering a fast, friendly, helpful, personal buying experience.
- Sets the example and expectation that all customers are: 1) greeted immediately upon entering the store; 2) offered assistance; 3) point out the monthly promotion; 4) suggest a related tie-in product that compliments their purchase; 5) thank the customer for their business; 6) closing salutation.
- Seek customer input on their buying experience and solicit their ideas on how to improve their buying experience. Share all customer feedback with store employees and help them to understand the actions they should undertake to improve the customer buying experience.
- Ensure all team members are consistently executing the above service expectations.
- This position requires constant standing, bending and reaching with a moderate amount of manual dexterity. Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.Must be able to balance on step stool or stepladder
- Ability to perform tasks in all areas of the store which may include exposure to the cold while working in the cooler / freezer and while maintaining the parking lot and exterior areas of the stores perimeter
- Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products
- Must wear slip resistant shoes at all times
- Must be available to work holidays, nights, and weekends as required by the company.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Must have 2 years Restaurant management /Food Service supervisory experience or the equivalent of 1 year in-store experience (Royal Farms).
- Must complete the Store Leader in Training Program
Key Competencies: .
Trains, develops, encourages, challenges, listens first, provides continuous feedback, support and recognition, and establishes trust, in helpingemployees achieve their full potential
- Role Model:
Serve as a positive role model through attitude, actions, words, and physical appearance, for employees to emulate and respect, and for customers to admire
Effectively communicates upwards and downwards to ensure the goals and objectives of the store are met as per company policy and procedure.
- Team Builder:
Creates an inspired team of engaged, high-performance, customer-focused employees that drive store success, in a supportive and caringperformance-oriented culture.
- Emotional Maturity:
Confident, empathetic, control of emotions, understands that accomplishments are achieved through others
Able to adjust and refocus when unexpected changes occur, in a positive and productive manner that ensures the success of the store
- Problem Solving:
Able to turn problems into opportunities; quickly identifies potential problems before they arise; does not over react to unanticipated problems,but rather, thoughtfully thinks through alternative solutions