As a leading in-home health care service provider we offer competitive salary/benefits, a team incentive bonus, great co-workers and a respectful work environment that appreciates a job well done.
**This position provides one-on-one care in patient's homes or in a community setting.
Work available in York, Lebanon and Quarryville.
SUMMARY Carries out health care tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed therapist. Provides assistance with personal hygiene, housekeeping and other related supportive tasks to a patient with health care needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Assists patients with personal care including bed baths, oral hygiene, hair and nail care, shaving, position changing and dressing.
• Assists patients with toileting including assisting the patient on and off the bedpan, commode, or toilet.
• Assists patients with eating, measures intake and output.
• Takes temperatures, pulse, blood pressure, and respiration.
• Care of stable mature ostomy to include: assisting patient with care and emptying bag.
• Care of stable tracheostomy to include: assembling supplies, positioning patient, handing items to patient, and disposal of supplies.
• Assists patient with prescribed skin care.
• Assists patient with prescribed exercise to include: active and passive R.O.M., positioning patient, counting for patient, and increasing or decreasing activity level as defined in care plan.
• Assists patient with self administration of medication.
• Assists with oxygen therapy to include: maintaining equipment and observing safety precautions as directed in the patient care plan.
• Conducts urine testing and collects specimen including stool and sputum.
• Assists patients in moving from bed to chair, wheelchair or in walking with cane, crutches or walking alone.
• Accompanies patient to medical appointments only when approved by the Registered Nurse Supervisor.
• Prepares and serves meals according to instructions.
• Performs light housekeeping for the patient as indicated on the patient’s care plan (not to exceed 15% of time, unless indicated).
• Lists supplies and groceries needed.
• Shops for groceries, essential household supplies and medical supplies if no other arrangement is possible.
• Performs only those tasks listed on each patient’s care plan.
• Notifies the branch office of all changes in the patient’s condition and all incidents and emergencies.
• Encourages patient independence whenever possible.
• Attends 12 hours of in-service training annually.
• Submits service reports and timesheets to the branch office on a weekly basis according to the branch office submission schedule.
EXPERIENCE A minimum of 1 year verifiable experience providing personal care assistance. High school diploma or general education (GED) preferred; completion of an approved training program in Home Health Aide services or completion of an approved competency evaluation program required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must have successfully completed a basic home health aide training program; or have successfully passed an equivalency exam and possess written evidence of such completion.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS Must be mature and emotionally and mentally stable. Must display a sympathetic attitude toward providing services for patients at home who have medical problems