Apply in person at 1965 N 1200 W Layton, Ut
Part Time and Full Time Positions Available
Maintains hotel rooms by cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, and polishing; providing linen services.
* Maintains cleaning schedule priorities by following room assignment list; servicing rooms requesting early cleaning first.
* Announces presence by knocking on room doors; returning at a later time to occupied rooms.
* Makes bed by removing and replacing sheets and pillow cases, checking blankets and bedspreads for soiling; replacing soiled items.
* Removes miscellaneous debris by removing trash, newspapers, room service trays, and mini-bar selections.
* Refreshes bath area by cleaning tub, toilet, and sinks; removing used towels and bathmats; replacing bath linens.
* Replenishes room supplies by restocking toiletries and stationery supplies.
* Cleans floors by washing and vacuuming floors.
* Maintains furnishings by dusting and polishing furniture; cleaning and polishing glass surfaces.
* Conserves energy by closing shades and draperies; turning down air conditioning and heat of unoccupied rooms.
* Maintains room availability by notifying supervisor of room readiness.
* Keeps supplies ready by restocking housekeeping cart at end of shift.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with security regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Enhances housekeeping and hotel reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Dependability, Quality Focus, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Thoroughness, Lifting, Housekeeping, Equipment Maintenance, Independence, Listening, Verbal Communication
work on the bright side®
Welcome to the Bright Side® at La Quinta Inns & Suites®.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
- Fastest growing limited-service hotels in the North America
- Operate and provide franchise services with over 65,000 rooms in over 700 properties
- Locations in 46 states plus Canada and Mexico under the names La Quinta Inns and La Quinta Inns & Suites
- Based out of Dallas, Texas, over 9,000 employees nationwide work on the Bright Side
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
- Take care of our employees
- Take care of our guests
- Keep the hotels spotlessly clean and well maintained
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted hotel stay at all of our locations
- Flex Spending account plans