The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for the management and execution of all general accounting, cost accounting, and inventory control functions and must be a forward-thinking individual that demonstrates personal initiative. This position provides a management level opportunity that offers interaction with a wide range of business units, in a unique environment that offers an exciting mix of high-end retail, event production and racecar manufacturing. This is a hands-on position.
- Manage the timely completion of the month-end financial close.
- Demonstrate detailed awareness of all elements of the Company’s financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of the annual budget.
- Prepare, maintain and analyze product costs.
- Support the analytical needs of the Senior Management team.
- Partner with Operations to increase plant efficiency and profitability.
- Identify internal control issues and proactively initiate analyses / solutions to control issues.
- Oversee and reconcile inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Track cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting.
- Maintain cost accounting system including development of costs for new products and periodic revisions to existing part numbers.
- Provide analysis and support to sourcing and manufacturing decisions.
- Design, implement and report meaningful measures of performance to drive improvement in manufacturing and profitability.
- Work with independent Auditors and tax professionals to facilitate yearly financial statement audits and tax return preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting - REQUIRED.
- At least three (3) years of progressive general accounting experience; CPA, CMA or MBA a plus.
- Experience must incorporate general accounting, cost accounting, AP, AR & payroll.
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional analytical skills that thrives in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
- Must possess the ability to manage people and multiple projects and work well independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with QuickBooks required.