The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals. In addition, the Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
He/she will be responsible for planning, developing, recommending, and implementing human resources policies, procedures, activities and programs for the Sinton Dairy Location. Further, this role will be responsible for recruiting/staffing, employee education and training, management development, labor and employee relations, affirmative action, benefits administration, and salary administration.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Prepare for union contract negotiations and maintain good labor relations. Assist with investigations, grievances, disciplinary proceedings, terminations, and litigation.
- Keeps records of insurance coverage, pension plan, and personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Participates in compensation and benefit surveys and/or conducts wage surveys.
- Hire, train, evaluate employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and corrective action.
- Develop programs that increase employees' skills, strengthen their managerial ability, or provide career counseling.
- Manages the communication to support positive employee relations.
- Align all policies and practices of the organization with the guidelines provided by the Corporate HR Department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related disciplines
- A minimum of 4 years HR experience in a food/beverage or consumer products or manufacturing industry required
- Experience in a union environment is required
- Experience providing HR leadership to both Operations and Sales teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results orientation
- Professional certification strongly preferred (i.e. PHR, SPHR)