A Information Assurance (IA) Engineer III to provide C&A support to the CareFusion program:
Facilitate the accreditation of DoD and Federal information technology systems and utilize technical skills to assess and implement required system security controls.
- Provide information assurance subject matter expertise throughout the system's entire development lifecycle in accordance with DIACAP and NIST requirements. Must have experience in conducting Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities, which include conducting security test and evaluations (ST&Es), developing risk assessments, and documenting the information system in security system analysis plans through all phases of accreditation.
- conduct C&A of DoD and Federal Information Systems, which will include data gathering and documenting system security plans, risk assessments, contingency plans, security test and evaluation (ST&E) plans, security concepts of operations, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) population and management.
- Coordinate and perform technical and non-technical C&A assessments to evaluate compliance with established information assurance policies and regulations according to DoD, NSA, DISA, NIST, and other IA-related military/Federal requirements.
- Develop, review, and maintain security policies and standards on Windows, UNIX, routers, switches, firewalls, databases, webservers, and software applications.
- Use knowledge of PKI principles to implement and provide guidance.
- Use good writing and verbal communication skills to advise management on security requirements and information assurance trends and solutions.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and eight (8) years of information systems experience. With a Master's Degree or equivalent, four (4) years of general experience is required.
- Knowledge of DIACAP process and knowledge of applicable DOD, NSA, DISA, and NIST Information Assurance policies and guidance.
- Experience working on Medical systems requiring DIACAP accreditation highly desirable
- Hands-on DIACAP/C&A experience, good working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, routers, firewalls, and related infrastructure devices.
- Minimum of 8 years of IA and C&A experience.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT/IAM Level I certification, required.
- CISSP desirable.
- Systems engineering experience within the DoD Acquisition Process.
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve high-level, complex, technical problems.
- Past experience as a systems administrator, desirable.
- Knowledge of network and host security assessment tools, vulnerability analysis and internal auditing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed (25% or less).
- Ability to work with teams in various time zones.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.