Get new similar jobs by email for
Registered Nurse (RN)
We have an immediate opening for a Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse with the following qualifications:
· Shall be fully qualified as a graduate of a school of professional nursing, approved by a legally designated state accrediting agency and hold current registration as a registered nurse. (Copy of certification and license required).
· A graduate of a State or territory of the United States accredited nursing degree or program with at least 3 years’ experience as a Registered Professional Nurse, and with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Maternal Child Health environment with one year to include Obstetrics Labor and Delivery unit experience.
· Shall have completed the fetal monitoring course and have continuously practiced Fetal Heart Monitoring to maintain their skills.
· Shall possess a current and valid State or territory of the United States license and State Registration.
· Shall possess current certification in American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Certified Program (NRCP) at the time of employment.
· Responsible for admission of new patients with initiation and follow-up plan of care:
· Interviews patients and obtains patient history and pertinent medical history.
· Evaluates patients and plan appropriate comprehensive treatment program based on examination.
· Direct and execute treatment, assess it efficiently and modify the treatment as indicated to accomplish the desires goal.
· Provides intense care to the laboring patients, to include all aspects of care related to L&D.
· Continual assessments of post-partum and newborn patients.
· Participate in newborn assessments in the labor rooms and operating rooms.
· Continually assess patient’s conditions for potential crisis threatening either to the mother or the fetus.
· Initiation of emergency measures: resuscitation of mother and or newborn and notification of physician.
· Provides care to the laboring patients with and without epidural anesthesia, post-delivery (vaginal and caesarian births) and post-partum patients, to include monitoring IV drips, appropriate assessments, medications, etc.
· Administers prescribed medications to include but not limited to Magnesium sulfate, Oxytocin, Terbutaline, Procardia and Insulin.
Please send updated resume and salary requirements to Shamika@addonservicesllc.com