Get new similar jobs by email for
IT/IS Help Desk
Our client is seeking a Help Desk Support Professional with a strong IT background who can get in and lead.
Maintains all telecommunications and computer resources. Performs services for daily network, PC and helpdesk operations. Implements projects and user requests within scope of overall IT plan. Advises internal customers as needed. Coordinates IT purchasing and licensing programs.
The IT Support Desk (ITSD) operations and staff to ensure that end users receive quality support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise and timeliness for a high volume of customer support requests.
The manager operates and controls the identity and account management function across multiple internal and external systems for user account creation, updates, and terminations. This position also resolves and responds to escalated and highly complex customer requests. Investigates and evaluates new technologies and applications to advance the automated tools currently in use in order to expand the automated services to cover more systems and make the process more effective and efficient.
· Manages all procedures related to the identification, prioritization and resolution of end user help requests to the IS help desk via telephone, website, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
· Collaborates with all management, partners and vendors to improve company services and additions to the systems portfolio.
· Analyzes performance of personnel activities and documented resolutions, identifies problem areas and devises and delivers proactive solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future incidents.
· Tracks and analyzes trends in help desk requests and generates statistical reports.
· Oversees development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides and FAQ lists for end users.
· Designs appropriate training programs to ensure that staff receives tools and training needed to successfully perform job duties.
· Oversees data security analysts in supporting user account provisioning efforts.
· Identifies significant cost reduction or revenue enhancement opportunities through the enhanced use of technology.
· Oversees after hours support for business-related critical issues as required.
· Participates in the departmental budgeting process and manages capital, operating and staffing budget.
· Completes interim and annual performance evaluations of staff following HealthCare Partners’ guidelines and procedures, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses, and promotions when necessary.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college in Information Systems, Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or related discipline, and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college, or equivalent experience.
· Call center management certification preferred
· Information security certification preferred, such as, CISSP, SSCP, GIAC, CISM, or CISA.
· Over 3 years of relevant experience.
· 1 year experience working in the healthcare industry and 5 years overall work experience.
· 3 years technical experience.
· 2 years department management experience.
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
· 5 years experience working in the healthcare industry and 7 years overall work experience.
· 5 years technical experience.
· 3 years department management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Computer literate including proficiency with Microsoft applications (Access, Excel, Word, Project).
· Knowledge of application and work flow process programming technologies.
· Demonstrated project development, leadership and project management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
A complete salary history as well as 3 professional references are required for consideration.