Due to recent retirements, we are looking to fill several Maintenance Mechanic positions for our technologically advanced manufacturing operations. We are looking for candidates with journey level knowledge and 3+ years experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing/industrial environment. (Related Armed Service’s experience is acceptable)
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Troubleshoot and repair complex industrial hydraulic equipment in a steel mill environment, including proportional and servo hydraulic systems.
- Install, service, repair and dismantle all equipment using hand and power tools.
- Install and maintain equipment and building structures in good condition.
- Inspect equipment to determine need for repairs and foresee difficulties.
- Check equipment and machinery by sight, sound or measurements and test with instruments to determine wear, lubrication needs and identify broken parts.
- Repair lubrication and water systems, pipes, lines, hoses and valves.
- Paint parts and equipment as needed.
- Diagnose mechanical failures or faulty operation of equipment.
- Consult drawings and specifications and determine procedures to be used for repairs.
- Utilize overhead cranes, cables, rope, heavy chains, wedges and blocks, etc for lifting heavy parts.
- Operate cranes, lifts and mobile equipment as required.
- Repair or replace worn or broken parts using all hand and power tools common to the trade. Reset, tighten and adjust parts which have loosened or moved out of tolerance.
- Install or assist in the installation of new equipment and machinery. Adjust, test and place equipment/machinery in proper condition for operation.
- Perform gas and electric welding, cutting, pipefitting and machining duties as necessary to repair and maintain equipment.
- Fill out forms and reports pertaining to inspection and repair of equipment.
- Work cooperatively with line operators, electrical maintenance crews, management and vendors.
If you are looking for a great company and are interested in being a member of our team with a starting rate of $28.71/hour and a top rate of $33.43/hour plus a comprehensive benefits program, submit your resume by selecting "Apply" below.
Equal Opportunity Employer