Are you passionate about User Experience?
Do you like the challenge of building great, easy to use web and mobile applications?
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where sharing knowledge and ideas is not only encouraged – but expected?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then you belong at Cvent!
We are looking for an Information Architect to join our rapidly growing User Experience Team. This individual will focus on the user experience of large-scale, web-based applications. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user requirements of leading-edge solutions deployed on mobile and other interactive devices. This involves the ability to apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into a world-class user experience. This position plays an integral role in driving application design and providing product feedback at all stages of the development life cycle.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you:
- Improve application workflow to better tailor to the users’ needs
- Evaluate existing products in terms of their persuasiveness, emotional design, and conversion; assess properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, and content
- Lead participatory design/user testing sessions
- Identify and document meaningful patterns from the user research, audit the findings; provide recommendations to the teams based on findings
- Lead development of personas/segmentations based on research findings; integrate personas/segmentations with related deliverables such as opportunity maps and wireframes
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience
- Conduct and analyze stakeholder interviews to understand key success factors for a project
- Present concepts and wireframes to stakeholders with research and annotated best practices
- Provide consultancy to other UX team members in layout, placement and content of design elements towards persuasive design strategy; mentor junior Information Architects towards delivery and excellence
- Demonstrate ability to apply usability theory to the existing application and enhancements
- Develop Navigation Model, Primary and Secondary Navigation structure; develop Sitemap as required
- Analyze task flows, task decompositions and create optimal Task Flow
- Develop frameworks describing key aspects of proposed experience, how it reconciles business/user needs
- Create prototypes using tools such as InDesign, Visio, Axure as required
Skills/Qualifications we are seeking our Information Architects to have are:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Candidates must be versed in information architecture, and in user-centered design methods and techniques
- Knowledge of usability testing and analysis
- Knowledge of web accessibility, Section 508 standards
- Must be able to focus on user interaction, work flow, usability, and accessibility
- Proficient to expert in: InDesign (CS6), Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Excellence in analytical thinking, process-oriented skills, verbal and written skills
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working for software companies and understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to think beyond the current parameters of a proposed project
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent, Inc.(www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 1,100 talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Los Angeles, California. Internationally we have offices in New Delhi, India, and London, England. Cvent has received a number of awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company’s DNA.