Get new similar jobs by email for
Insurance Claims Specialist (A...
Veros Credit is a leading provider of non-prime auto financing and specializes in the acquisition and servicing of motor vehicle retail installment contracts from its network of franchise and independent automobile dealers. Veros Credit is headquartered in Southern California’s Orange County and has branch offices located throughout California and in Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, life insurance, paid holidays, and PTO.
About The Position
The Collateral Protection Specialist will be responsible for reviewing insurance claims to determine that payments and settlements have been made in accordance with company practices and procedures.
· Investigate, evaluate and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
· Adjust reserves or provide reserve recommendations to ensure that reserve activities are consistent with corporate policies.
· Resolve complex, severe exposure claims.
· Pay and process claims within designated authority level.
· Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
· Verify and analyze data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
· Enter claim payments, reserves and new claims on computer system, inputting concise yet sufficient file documentation.
· Follow and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
· Negotiate payment arrangements with borrowers, including offering suggestions as to how they can meet their obligations, propose alternative payment methods, and establish payment procedures.
· Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
· Contact or interview claimants, doctors, medical specialists, or employers to get additional information.
· Maintain claim files such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 3+ years of progressive auto claims experience.
· Knowledge of auto claims procedures and terminology.
· Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
· Ability to interact with others in a professional and efficient manner.
· Ability to identify pertinent information and create reports that present relevant information clearly and succinctly.
· Proficient with the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· High School Diploma or GED
Click here https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5649181 to submit your resume and apply for this position. Please note that submissions received outside this link will not be considered.
Veros Credit, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.