Get new similar jobs by email for
Insurance Sales Assistant (Cus...
At American Family Insurance, we're firmly committed to inspiring dreamers and helping them discover, pursue, and protect their dreams. Located throughout our 19 operating states, American Family’s agents serve as local, expert, and trusted advisors to our customers. Our agencies are prospering and always looking for dedicated individuals to join their operations teams. Our agents are seeking Insurance Customer Service Representatives who are licensed in Property and Casualty to join American Family agencies across the U.S. You will receive training and support as you handle a full scope of responsibilities, including customer relations, sales and marketing, and agency office operations.
As an Insurance Sales Assistant, you will provide customer service to existing clients by answering insurance related questions. You will answer questions from prospective customers and will attempt to sell them our products. You will perform basic data entry, including entering leads, pulling motor vehicle and claims reports, entering new applications, and submitting changes on existing policies.
Other responsibilities of the Customer Service role include:
· Coordinating agency prospecting through direct mail, company prospecting program, and Personal Insurance Reviews
· Understanding products, procedures and best practices for promoting policy growth
· Achieving individual production goals as established by agent
· Discussing product offerings with current and potential customers
· Maintaining high customer service standards to attract and retain customers
· Advising customer of claims and billing policies and procedures as needed
· Responding to inquiries, issues, and complaints
· Administering office practices and procedures
· Maintaining information in the agency's customer database for future follow up
· Managing agency correspondence as required
· Continuing to maintain and develop knowledge of American Family products and services
· Supporting efforts to increase agent business
As an Insurance Sales Assistant, you must be highly motivated, organized, positive, and able to work well in a super-fast paced and challenging environment. You must be able to multitask and deal with high volume sales and customer support. Our agents are seeking candidates who thrive in an exciting environment and are always willing and ready to learn something new every day.
Other requirements of the Customer Service role include:
· High school diploma or equivalent certification
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, a plus
· Must be Licensed in Property & Casualty
· Willing to obtain Life & Health in order to continue employment with the agency
· Previous telemarketing, sales, customer service, retail, or related experience
· Prior Insurance Sales and Customer Service experience, a plus
· Bilingual language skills, a plus
· Outstanding sales, business development, and relationship building skills
· Data entry and typing skills
· Basic Computer skills
· Experience with Windows-based computer applications, a plus
· Ability to learn American Family products, services, and computer systems
· Acceptable driving record
Since our start in 1927, offering auto insurance to farmers in rural communities, American Family Mutual Insurance Company has grown to be one of the nation's largest providers of property/casualty insurance. It's easy for large companies to forget their roots, but we haven't. We've stayed focused on providing personal service, just like our founders. Our caring agents strive hard to meet our customers' unique needs by offering just the right mix of American Family's auto, home, life, umbrella, business, health, and farm & ranch insurance as well as retirement products.
Join an award winning network of opportunity!