Get new similar jobs by email for
Title: Inventory Analyst
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Develop and implement policies, procedures, systems and best practices with regard to inventory, for the purpose of maintaining accurate physical and financial information. Manage the inventory levels for product categories through analysis of trends, exceptions, rate of sale, minimum order quantities and KanBan replenishment quantities.
· Evaluate part usage, order point data, KanBan data, and material requirements using MRP and recommended corrective actions.
· Responsible for analyzing and recommending inventory strategies in support of Pelco’s overall turn objectives.
· Evaluates and analyzes all basic and seasonal part usage and profiles based on demand history, statistical analysis, shipping activity, and current trends, which facilitate replenishment of product to the supermarkets and customers.
· Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly inventory and cycle counting reporting as required by the Supply Chain Manager.
· Responsible for the analysis and corrective steps associated with Pelco’s cycle counting program.
· Executes replenishment plans for all new products, based on the products forecast and profile, and "plans and events" for promotional activities on products.
· Reviews inventory aging report and meets with Supply Chain Manager monthly to insure that losses from obsolescence are held to a minimum amount.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
· BS in Engineering or Business preferred. Equivalent Inventory experience will suffice in lieu of degree.
· Knowledge of purchasing, inventory management and warehouse operational processes.
· Knowledge of cycle counting and physical inventory auditing process.
· Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
· Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
· Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, and proficient with Word and Outlook.
· APICS CPIM certification preferred