Get new similar jobs by email for
Purchasing Specialist (Food Mn...
#41CC – Purchasing Specialist in the Food Manufacturing Industry
An international food manufacturing company is seeking the experience and skills of a Purchasing Specialist. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years in purchasing or procurement of raw and/or packaged materials. Excellent communication and negotiation skills are required.
Position Title: Purchasing Specialist
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Hayward, CA
Salary: $50K – 65K /year
Work Hours: M-F 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
· Precise record keeping
· Responsible for all the purchasing activities including but not limited to: ingredients, packaging materials and office supplies
· Enter PO information into the system, place the orders and ensure the timely delivery of merchandise through efficient communication with vendors and distribution center
· Conduct researchon new suppliers for better quality and price
· Make freight arrangements for ingredients, packaging materials and samples
· Support prep team to find ingredients and materials prior to the production
· Report damaged or contaminated goods to suppliers and negotiate for credit or discount
· Responsible for the inventory control
· Schedule meetings with vendors to determine product availability and the terms of the contract
· Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers
· Review invoices for purchased materials and obtain samples from suppliers when requested
· Input and updatethe database with new ingredients and packaging materials information
· Collaborate with Production and Warehouse Departments to ensure movement of products, accuracy of inventory and that Kanban system is in place
· Create monthly purchase and cost reduction report
· Supervises 1~2 assistants
· Minimum 5 years of purchasing/procurement experience in the Food Industry (raw and/or packaged materials)
· College degree is a big plus
· Superb communication and negotiation skills are essential to this position
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities, identify and address problems and meet deadlines
· Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word and Excel
For more than a decade, TriCom Quest has been a leader in the employment consultant industry, providing staffing services for both employers and job seekers, at virtually every level — from entry to executive. Our service spans the United States, providing placements for a broad range of companies, including those headquartered in the Pacific Rim with satellite offices within the United States. Yet what makes us stand out from the employment “crowd” is our service. Whether you’re hiring employees or in search of a job, TriCom Quest is committed to quality service, from the very first handshake to placement, and beyond.