A Major International manufacturer in Torrance, CA is seeking a Japanese/English BilingualTranslator/Interpreter. Ability to perform simultaneous and consecutive translations is required.
Position Title: Technical Translator/ Interpreter
Location: Torrance, CA
Position Status: Long-Term Temporary
Business Hours: Mon – Fri; 8:30am – 5:30pm + Overtime when required
Salary Range: $30.00 ~ $35.00/hr + Paid Overtime
· Japanese/English interpretation for business meetings using both simultaneous and consecutive interpreting methods.
· Technical translation of written documents from Japanese to English and English to Japanese.
· Provide linguistic assistance to associates.
· Assist in creating documents and presentation materials in Japanese and English required for meetings and general communications.
· Maintain interpretation equipment.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree or above in languages, phonetics, communication and international studies, or equivalent work experience.
· Must have training/experience in consecutive/simultaneous interpretation and similar experience in translation.
· Requires 3+ years in technical translation/ interpretation experience
· Requires Japanese and English language skills, including reading, writing, interpreting (consecutive/simultaneous) and translation.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Demanding work environment requiring mental/physical endurance.
Who we are:
For more than a decade, TriCom Quest has been a leader in the employment consultant industry, providing staffing services for both employers and job seekers, at virtually every level — from entry to executive. Our service spans the United States, providing placements for a broad range of companies, including those headquartered in the Pacific Rim with satellite offices within the United States. Yet what makes us stand out from the employment “crowd” is our service. Whether you’re hiring employees or in search of a job, TriCom Quest is committed to quality service, from the very first handshake to placement, and beyond.