Get new similar jobs by email for
Linux Administrator needed --- Location: Raytheon Company, Aurora, CO
US Citizen with active Secret
I am working with Raytheon Company and the manager is looking for a Linux Administrator. You will work for GeoLogics Corporation onsite in Aurora, CO. You must be a US Citizen, with an active Secret clearance, only apply. This is a 6+ month project (with possible extension).
LINUX needs are (the more the better):
• Mid to Sr. Level admin with experience with RedHat 5.4 - 6.4 OS, LDAP Directory server, bind/dns, scripting with Python, Ruby, Cobbler, Perl and some troubleshooting with WebLogic, Tripwire, Logrhythm, and system hardening.
• For Windows, it’s basically the same systems experience but need experience with 2007/2008 Enterprise, troubleshooting, some programming and work with GPO's and directory permissions.
· All selected responsibilities associated with Systems Administrator – Level I.
· Design and perform system management, configuration management, deep troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance, performance monitoring and enhancement.
· Provide comprehensive UNIX, Linux, or Windows systems management.
· Coordinate tests of new hardware and software.
· Plan and define the requirements for off-hour systems maintenance work.
· Oversee Change management activities on the supported systems.
· Define and implement security controls and capabilities in operating systems, layered products, and specialty software to achieve security goals.
· Develop operations procedures, such as backups, recovery processes, and queue management.
· Install and configure UNIX, Linux, or Windows systems.
· Assist business users and systems engineers with the setup, installation, and testing of their application.
· Interface with users and systems engineers in order to resolve technical and user problems.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
· Five or more years of experience managing and supporting UNIX and Windows servers
· Prefer five or more years of experience configuring and managing storage sub-systems.
· Advanced knowledge of standard System Administration tools and practices. Knowledge of industry and government security standards and practices.
· Certification in System and/or Data Management.
· Strong Windows administration skills.
· Strong communication skills (written and oral)
If interested in learning more about these positions, please email your resume to email@example.com and I will call back with more information.
888-303-3603 (toll free)
GeoLogics is a 21 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com