Prepares meals by providing food preparation expertise; promoting and providing quality food services; managing kitchen staff.
* Accomplishes kitchen human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining kitchen employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves kitchen operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to culinary plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; training kitchen workers to expand their skills; developing career ladder growth opportunities to reduce turnover; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets kitchen financial objectives by estimating requirements; contributing information to the annual food and beverage budget; reviewing menus; scheduling expenditures; analyzing budget variances; recommending corrective actions; evaluating time-saving production techniques.
* Implements recipes and portion specifications by reviewing menus and product specifications; evaluating ease of menu production; applying established procedures and techniques.
* Controls food preparation by consulting with executive chefs and kitchen team leaders; overseeing portion size; evaluating and improving productivity; providing food preparation personal expertise; monitoring presentations.
* Improves menu quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses; standardizing production recipes; promoting kitchen staff interest in quality improvement; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Prepares kitchen operations and production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing food ingredient, food production, and customer data and trends.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; overseeing food preparation, safety, and security; reviewing and implementing accident and disaster plans.
* Maintains food ingredients, food preparation, and general supplies by purchasing menu ingredients; evaluating the quality of fresh food and food product deliveries; maintaining general supplies; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls.
* Maintains culinary equipment by following operating instructions; instructing staff in equipment use; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations of equipment purchases.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Accomplishes kitchen operations goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Food Sanitation, Safety Management, Leadership, Emphasizing Excellence, Management Proficiency, People Management, Quality Focus