Get new similar jobs by email for
Lab Technician - Chemist
Biomarker Technologies, Inc. was originally founded in 1993 and has been extremely active within the petroleum industry as a consulting business that furthered the exploration, and development of the petroleum industry through advanced analysis methods. In May 2012, we opened a full analytical laboratory that is located in a light industrial development within the city of Rohnert Park. Our laboratory includes some of the newest and best analysis equipment within the industry and comprises 7,600 square feet of office and lab space.
Our company performs the most delicate analyses, including advanced methods critical for understanding the complete petroleum system for basin modeling applied to exploration, development, and production. We have developed advanced proprietary methods within the industry that set us apart from other analytical companies doing similar work.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that is interested in becoming part or our “start-up” analytical laboratory with growth potential. Initial training/work will focus on standard organic analyses of petroleum and rock cores. The data generated is used for exploration, production molecules, and environmental applications. Further educational development will be promoted through the company in order to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for this line of work.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
· Must be team oriented.
· Attention to detail and meticulous work.
· Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols.
· Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.
· Associates degree in chemistry, but preferably a Bachelors degree or Masters degree. Educational background in organic chemistry is desirable.
· Other lab sciences are desirable.
· Basic or advanced geology desirable.
· Aptitude for software and data systems.
· Mechanical aptitude and abilities for maintenance of analytical instruments and use of tools.