Part-Time Licensed Opticians Needed
Travel to various Shelby County Schools to dispense prescription eye glasses.
* Provides eyeglasses by filling written optical prescriptions; determining client's current prescription, using lensometer or lens analyzer.
* Evaluates client's vocational and avocational visual requirements by reviewing optical requirements.
* Measures customer by measuring bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical center of eyes using millimeter rule and light reflex pupillometer.
* Helps clients select frames by offering commentary on styles, colors, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
* Maintains quality by verifying finished lenses are ground to specifications.
* Ensures that eyeglasses fit customer by adjusting frames.
* Educates customers by offering instructions in eyeglass and contact lens care and use.
Quality Focus, Use of Medical Technologies, Thoroughness, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Listening, Job Knowledge, Presenting Technical Information, Integrity, Analyzing Information