Holland & Knight is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to work at our Anchorage office. This is a full-time employee position. The right individual for this role will assist attorneys and practice group in litigation department. Provide assistance in preparing legal documents; perform factual research; draft correspondence; document review and organization; file maintenance; docket deadlines; and provide excellent client service. EOE AA M/F/D/V
Essential Functions Include:
- Prepare draft pleadings and responses for review by the attorney.
- Gather, organize, summarize and index documents from various sources.
- Draft correspondence, discovery requests and responses, settlement agreements, motions, subpoenas and other related documents.
- Prepare and maintain trial notebooks.
- Conduct legal research, utilizing internet sources, Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, etc.
- Review pleadings and docket due dates.
- Ability to efficiently gather, maintain and organize information and voluminous documentation to assess claims and initiate responses by the firm.
- Organizational skills to work independently and meet deadlines in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Organizational skills to maintain daily accounting of time records and input timesheets into the system directly.
- Communication skills to interact with all levels of internal staff, attorneys and management and external clients of the firm.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to make decisions regarding daily work.
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or Paralegal certification.
- 3 to 5+ years experience in related area.