Job Purpose: Delivers items by preparing, loading, unloading, operating, and cleaning a small delivery truck; maintaining records.
Duties: * Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; validating adherence to roadability standards.
* Loads truck by ordering, placing, and securing items.
* Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
* Serves customers by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints;
* Maintains truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; scheduling repairs.
* Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
* Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Travel Logistics (GPS provided), Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Deadline-Oriented, Acute Vision, Lifting, Good Physical Condition, Good Driving Reocrd, Selling to Customer Needs, Dependability