Get new similar jobs by email for
Truck Driver/Local Delivery/Wa...
MUST HAVE CDL LICENSE AND CLEAN DRIVING RECORD:
Responsible for delivery of all item request(s) being sent to Highland production facility for raw materials and for all finished goods being sent back to Beta Warehouse for inventory and distribution. Responsible for delivery of items in a prompt, safe, and business like manner.
Responsible for checking product sent from Highland facility, separating by customer product and PO#, and controlling regular stocking inventory items, and assigning locations via the scanner, and movement tabs. Responsible for putting product in the proper location(s).
Other duties include maintaining proper stock rotations for raw materials, and physical counting of product, housekeeping of the truck, and inventory consolidations of raw and finished goods. Duties will change as required by process and business changes.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
· Delivers items by operating a 28’ box truck; loading, unloading, and securing items; maintaining schedule and using all equipment necessary including pallet jacks, hand trucks, pallets, skids and hand held scanners
· Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms.
· Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to roadability standards.
· Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the vehicle being operated daily prior to leaving from and returning to the Beta distribution center.
· Keep the truck and associated equipment in proper working order; report any problems to the Supervisor; keep the cab and cargo area clean and free of clutter.
· Verifies quantity of finished products received from Highland facility.
· Completes Omni truck manifest, both for inbound and outbound shipments.
· Submit all required POD’s, non-delivery, return information and reports to the appropriate Supervisor daily.
· Labels all incoming product accordingly.
· Assists in bin location inventories when needed.
· Cycle counts when needed.
· Responsible for sweeping and maintaining cleanliness of warehouse as needed.
· Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
· Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, maintains an open mind.
· Conduct business in a professional and courteous manner
· Regular attendance
· Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
· Works under general supervision bringing problems to the attention of Warehouse Manager, or supervisor.
ü Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions
ü High School Diploma / GED equivalent
ü MUST HAVE A VALID COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE IN OHIO (CDL)
ü 2 or more years experience in a business environment
ü Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical, and motor vehicle report
ü Ability to work early morning/late night hours
ü Willing to work over 40 hours when required
ü Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
ü Must have basic computer skills including ability to use computer-ordering equipment
ü Must have basic math skills
ü Ability to work safely
ü Read, write and speak English
ü Standing/Walking: Frequently, when not driving truck while performing duties at customer locations, loading/unloading truck and using wheeled cart; walking, up to 1 mile per shift on concrete or asphalt surfaces.
ü Sitting: Frequently; while driving truck.
ü Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1-50 pounds off loading of non-palletized product. Carry distance up to 50 feet.
ü Push/Pull: Constantly, exerting up to 100 pounds force using both hands and arms while utilizing palletized material moving equipment.While moving boxed/packages products via wheeled carts/ racks exerting a force up to 75 pounds.
ü Climbing: Frequently, stepping in/out of truck, up to 16-42 inches, 2-3 steps depending on vehicle.
ü Bending/Twisting: Constantly, at waist/upper trunk/neck while driving/backing up throughout workshift, loading/unloading items from truck. Items may be retrieved from floor level and placed up to heights of 40-70 inches in shelves.
ü Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while inspecting truck, delivering orders and putting up stock at floor level, and during cleanup duties.
ü Hands/Arms: Constant use of both arms and hands throughout work shift Tasks can be highly repetitive, requiring fine and gross finger movement, power gripping/grasping, and extended forward reaching/handling. Above shoulder reaching and pulling body weight up occurs throughout shift.
ü Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly, required to provide safe operation of truck, communicate with personnel throughout Omni facilities.
ü Other: Hand-eye-foot coordination, backing vehicle to customer dock, ability to operate foot controls on vehicle using standard and automatic transmission.
ü Location: Work is performed 50-80% of time at Beta Facility and 20-50% operating vehicle.
ü Hazards: Driving a 24' box truck vehicle in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from truck operation.
ü Tools/Equipment Used: 24' box truck truck, hand truck, electric pallet jacks, hydraulic pallet jacks, carton cutter, carts, cleaning supplies, hand-held computer.
ü Safety Equipment: Seat belts, gloves, safety shoes as required.
ü Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
ü Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
ü Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
ü Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
ü Communication - presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
ü Team Work: Can work in-group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
ü Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
ü Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization.
This is NOT meant to be a complete list of all hiring standards rather an overview of requirements. This information is subject to change at any time.
This description should not be construed to contain every function that may be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Omni Systems, Inc. is an 'Equal Opportunity Employer' and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment. EOE/MFDV.
@@ PRE-EMPLOYMENT HAIR FOLLICLE DRUG SCREENING & BACKGROUND CHECK @@