Get new similar jobs by email for
Loss Prevention Manager - Auro...
Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
• Owns shrink and safety results for assigned area(s) and supports the Loss Prevention five play strategy
• Manages the training, detection, investigation and successful resolution of all internal high dollar and sensitive investigations within assigned store.
• Ensures all training in the detection and detention of shoplifters including certification has been completed in assigned store
• Conducts assessments of Loss Prevention and operational performance that impacts shortage control. Actively works with store team in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance.
• Knowledgeable in the areas of safety, food safety (Kmart/Essentials/Grand), OSHA and environmental programs, and ensures implementation and compliance in assigned store
• Reviews safety and food safety inspections (Kmart/Essentials/Grand) on a regular basis. Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of results and assists in the development and implementation of corrective actions.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises the Loss Prevention Associates and Leads within assigned store
• Ensures accurate and timely report writing, record keeping and retention of evidence by conducting periodic reviews
• Ensures the proper operation and repairs of alarm, EAS and CCTV equipment
• Educates and motivates store associates to achieve shrink, workers compensation and general liability goals
• Works as a liaison between the store and the criminal justice community
• Demonstrates courageous leadership by identifying and communicating potential ethical or safety issues that must be addressed at a higher level.
• Manages and ensures reporting of critical incidents in assigned area of responsibility
• Ensures follows-up on required inventories and audits in order to control costs and shrinkage
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Associates degree or equivalent Loss Prevention experience.
2. Minimum Experience level required: 3+ years previous experience in an Audit, Security or Loss Prevention role
3. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
4. Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions in stressful situations.
5. Experience selecting, assessing, and coaching associates, preferably in a retail environment.
6. Knowledge of financial operations and processes; analytical skills to diagnose root cause of deficiencies.
7. Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members.
8. Ability to use strategic thought process to minimize exposure to emerging threats and trends
9. Ability to form strong partnerships across reporting relationships.
10. Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports.
11. Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
12. CCTV usage and installation