TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world's leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity's long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day. To connect with the company, visit: www.TE.com.
Industrial Business Unit
As industries race to build increasingly intelligent systems, TE Industrial delivers extraordinary customer experiences to solve today's greatest connectivity challenges. Leveraging cross-industry innovation and proven engineering expertise, we're pushing the boundaries of efficiency and productivity-connecting power, data and signal to enable more automated processes, intelligent building, smarter transportation and cleaner energy.
Our Kauffman Road Plant in Landisville, PA is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic - Preventative Maintenance (2nd Shift). This position is responsible for coordinating and completing scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) activities to maintain industrial equipment like stamping presses, PLC controlled machinery, electrical and pneumatic pumps, rectifiers, electrical motors, and inert atmosphere ovens. A major focus of the job is to ensure the facility implements an effective PM program that identifies the root cause and frequency of machine downtime and improves equipment availability. This is a Monday-Friday position with occasional overtime required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete equipment PMs in addition to coordinate the completion of scheduled equipment PMs by maintenance personnel.
- Monitor the status of PM activities and provide updates to maintenance group leader and site management.
- Review monthly with maintenance group leader and site management key information concerning the PM program including the identification of equipment with frequent and recurring downtime.
- Log information from all maintenance work requests associated with down / non-operational production equipment into the mean time between failure and mean time to repair database.
- Revise existing maintenance and operator PM checklists in order to improve the effectiveness of each machine-specific PM and eliminate recurring breakdowns.
- Perform periodic inspections of operator maintenance program. Ensure production personnel are performing and documenting scheduled operator maintenance activities.
- Complete annual LOTO inspections for all equipment with multiple energy sources.
- Complete maintenance work request forms and address machine or line down situations.
- Support the deployment of lean manufacturing techniques throughout the facility and participate in Kaizen events.
- Work around chemicals and process solutions commonly found in the electroplating industry
- High School diploma.
- 3-5 years experience performing preventative maintenance activities on industrial and plant peripheral equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair production equipment from verbal instructions, blueprints, and machine manuals.
- Strong organizational and written skills with the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word with a working knowledge of MS Outlook.
- Must possess good physical dexterity and have the ability to perform manual tasks and body movements including climbing, lifting, reaching, stooping, and bending