We have an exceptional opportunity with a large operating company client in Houston, Texas that is seeking an experienced Machinery Engineer. This individual will fulfill a key technical leadership position on the corporate engineering staff.
If you are interested in exploring a timely career move to one of the world's most highly regarded companies, one that offers outstanding stability and tears of industry leadership, the highest salaries and best benefits in the industry, and an outstanding technical career ladder, please review the details below.
Job Title: Machinery Engineer
About the Company: Our outstanding client is a major US oil company with oil & gas exploration and production, petroleum refining, petrochemicals, engineering polymers, and plastics manufacturing operations throughout the world. This world renowned company provides an exceptional working environment, flexible schedules, industry leading stability, and excellent opportunities for advancement.
Role Overview: As an internal consultant and subject matter expert on the corporate engineering staff, the Machinery Engineer fulfills a technical specialist position that supports multiple refineries in the Americas region. This engineer provides in-depth analytical and technical leadership and support to refining sites with a focus on troubleshooting, asset improvement, technology selection fro capital projects, research, and standards development.
- Drive site asset improvement in areas of safety, reliability, environmental performance, and equipment capability
- Analyze site equipment performance
- Assist sites in application of new technology
- Respond to plant operational events
- Provide regional technical leadership via involvement (participation and/or facilitation) in formal technical networks and workgroups
- Develop and deliver technical training for plant engineering organizations
- Support major capital projects in areas of design consulting, technical quality assurance and start-up assistance
- Develop and maintain technical standards and guidelines, and conduct research to deliver technology advantages to refinery and chemical plant operations in the areas of energy, margin, and emissions control
BS degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering (MS degree preferred but not required)
10 or more years of machinery engineering or rotating equipment engineer experience in petroleum refining or petrochemicals in a large operating company or engineering contractor
Extensive knowledge of petrochemical industry turbomachinery and rotating equipment including pumps, large centrifugal and recip compressors, gas and steam turbines, fans, auxiliary controls, protection, and condition monitoring systems
Broad experience in machinery application, equipment selection, performance evaluation, design reviews, re-rates, troubleshooting, commissioning, start-up, maintenance, and overhaul
Knowledge of machinery analysis and modeling methods including thermodynamic performance, stress analysis, rotor dynamics, blade dynamics, and root cause investigation techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis (i.e. either US citizen or legal US Permanent Resident)
How to Apply: Click here to e-mail resume directly to recruiter Please attach your resume as Word document. Thank You!
All resumes will be held in strict confidence. Qualified candidates will be contacted and permission obtained before resume if forwarded to our client.