Get new similar jobs by email for
Maintenance Electrical Enginee...
· Comply with all safety standards and regulations.
· Diagnoses and corrects problems in process control systems including programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), robotics with associated controllers and other complex electrical and electronic apparatus thus improvement and minimizing downtime of plant equipment.
· Works with and/or trains electricians on process control equipment including programming and troubleshooting PLC’s, robots and related electrical equipment.
· Writes Standard Work Practices, draws schematics and wiring diagrams and documents equipment and process computer programs.
· Works closely with Engineering assisting with a wide range of projects involving design, purchase, program, installation, or modification of electrical and electronic process control system.
· Works with or may supervise electricians doing project work or as directed by Maintenance Manager.
· Participates in, leads and/or provides electronics expertise to employee project and process teams.
· Ensures that process, PLC and robotic programs and modifications are documented and secured in back-ups and archives.
· Diagnoses and corrects problems with robotics, end effector tooling, fixturing and machine interfacing.
· Works with robotic cell operators to optimize cell performance and up time.
· Ensures robot programs and modifications to cells are documented and secured in automatic back-ups.
· Two year technical degree or equivalent training and electrical experience.
· Working knowledge of machine/process safeguarding, equipment and OSHA standards.
· Experience or training with Fanuc Robotics.
· Experience with industrial electrical distribution up to 480 volt 3 phase.
· Full working knowledge of current National Electrical Code including grounding & bonding, circuit protection, wiring materials and methods and special considerations to be used in hazardous locations.
· Industrial background preferably in metal forming, machining and press operation or other heavy process oriented industry.
· Fluency in computer programs and programming. Must be able to write, fine-tune, debug, and modify programmable logic devices using RsLogix 500/5000 and other computerized processes.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· The Engineering Associate is often the leader or member of employee project or process teams so he/she must be participative, collaborative, and a team-player by nature.
· Must be able to handle multiple projects and priorities.
· Willingness to work additional hours to meet demanding and difficult emergency situations.
· Duties will involve working in a manufacturing plant environment.