Get new similar jobs by email for
Maintenance Electrician – Immediate temp to hire position located in Torrance CA. 90501
Company is a food manufacture- Bakery and the position is a 3rd Shift.
The Maintenance Electrician will perform planned work on machines and carrying out preventative maintenance to activities for the building and equipment to keep all the production lines in operation.
• Responds to breakdown trouble calls and bring machines back to their proper running state. This includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems related to electrical and mechanical equipment or process failures.
• Receive work from shift supervisor or manager.
• Cooperate and collaborate with operations personnel to ensure efficient production and minimize downtime.
• Complete assigned scheduled Preventative Maintenance (PM) work on industrial bakery associated machines.
• Dismantle, repair and re-assemble gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all bakery mechanical equipment.
• Read and understand electrical schematics/ mechanical blueprints.
• Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all incidents in a timely manner.
• Complies with Federal, State, City and A.I.B. Health and Safety Standards, including OSHA (State and/or Federal) and Hazardous Material regulation, in keeping with the work process and chemical inventory by location.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Bakery or Food Industry experience is preferred
.• Five years experience as an industrial manufacturing maintenance mechanic
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and air compressed systems
• High school diploma or GED; some college preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
• Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees. Spanish comprehension preferred
• Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.