Get new similar jobs by email for
Maintenance I - 2nd shift
The Coleman Company, Inc.
Job Title: Maintenance I
Summary: This position is responsible for all facets of general maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and make necessary repairs on plant equipment.
· Performs diagnostic troubleshooting on electrical, HVAC, chillers, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC's brazing furnaces expo-thermic generators and mechanical equipment
· Make necessary repairs on those systems, machine tools and conveyors.
· Follow prints, sketches and schematics for installation of newer, rebuilt equipment
· Tear down and overhaul equipment components such as, but not limited to: pumps, valves, regulators, and motors
· Maintain building and facilities
· Completes required reports and other documentation on assigned work and/or inspections
· Observes all Safety policies and procedures
· Keeps work station in order
· Supports team objectives
· Must have a strong understanding of mechanical components and how they work in conjunction with electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
· Must be flexible in working different shifts and be able to work a weekend schedule
· Must be able to work overtime as needed
· Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and or Experience: Trade school maintenance program or 2 year Associates degree. Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills preferred. Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC’s preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Ability to get a forklift license
· HVAC Certificate preferred
Personal Protection Equipment Requirements
· Safety glasses
· Steel toed shoes
· Hearing protection
· National Electrical Code (NEC) approved clothing (long sleeved cotton shirts and pants)
· Fall protection
· Arc flash equipment,
· PSM area requires additional PPE (such as special clothing and shoes, 100% cotton)