412 Oak Street, Denver, PA 17517
PH: (800) 233-3848 / FAX: (800) 752-2654
JOB PROFILE AND DESCRIPTION
DESIGNATION:Maintenance Lead Technician
REPORTS TO:Plant Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job related tasks/responsibilities requested by the Supervisor or Plant Manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
- Maintain machinery and support production operations in wire mill.
- Ability to Trouble-shoot and Repair variouselectrical and mechanical production equipment in wire mill.
- Prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate maintenance technician(s) and determine when to contact and call in outside support to ensure repairs are made in timely matter.
- Supervise the daily, weekly, monthly preventative maintenance procedures, maintain records and update and revise procedures as necessary.
- Collaborate and assist Production Supervisor in scheduling preventative maintenance and equipment repairs and determining priorities based on production schedule and severity of equipment malfunction.
Duties and Responsibilities (cont’d):
- Report to Supervisor and/or Plant Manager regarding work completed and/or status of repair.
- Conducts safety compliance inspections and maintains operating certificates such as boiler and pressure vessel certificates.
- Performs and instructs personnel in equipment commissioning, start-up and operation.
- Work with OEM to ensure equipment is fully operational, operating correctly and all documentation such as operating manuals, electrical, plumbing and mechanical drawings are up to date.
- Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause(s) and makes necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of Direct Manufacturing facilities, building and grounds and ensures all are maintained to Company standards.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Coordinate outside contractors and trades to provide support when and where necessary.Monitor work of technicians, outside contractors, or others working under the direction of Maintenance Lead Technician.
Specific Tasks Include But Not Limited To The Following:
- Maintain quality, company procedures and policies.
- Maintain clean and organized work areas.
- Safety conscience among self and others.
Specific Tasks Include But Not Limited To The Following (cont’d):
- Complies with all environmental, health and safety (E.H.S.) procedures.
- Ability to advise, instruct and mentor other Maintenance Technicians.
- Determine and maintain critical spare parts inventories.
Skills and Specifications:
- Maintains good attitude, professionalism and teamwork.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees and vendors/contractors.
- Organized &Problem solving.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Post-offer drug screen and criminal background check required.
- Ability to operate material moving and packaging equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Education and Training:
Education and Training (cont’d):
- Education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair or a closely related area.GED/HS diploma.
- Three years experience in industrial maintenance including both mechanical and electrical trouble shooting and repair.
- Knolwedge and understanding of PLC and motor controls and two years experience working with industrial controls or related systems. Formal training in related fields will substitute for one of the two year minimum.
Rev. 12/20/2012Page 1 of 4