Get new similar jobs by email for
LEAD DIESEL / HYDRAULIC MECHAN...
Coastal Crane Service, Maryland's premier full service crane company has an opening for a
LEAD DIESEL/HYDRAULIC Mechanic
Responsibilities require the ability to perform senior level mechanical duties and have primary oversight, managing, planning and coordination of all maintenance activities. This position will oversee and direct employees, provide hands-on monitoring compliance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. Mechanical proficiency is required. As a Lead Diesel/Hydraulic Mechanic will be responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of a maintenance service team to ensure that all upkeep, inventory and repair of equipment are completed in an efficient manner, as well as, performing day to day mechanical functions . You and your team will diagnose and repair problems regarding fleet equipment. You will also schedule and directly supervise vendor warranty work, ensuring that all work is performed efficiently, safely and economically to meet and exceed company requirements. Excellent salary and benefits. We are a smoke & drug free premise.
· Work under leadership of the Operations Director and other maintenance team members
· Perform proficiently as a Lead Diesel/Hydraulic Mechanic
· Lead a group of skilled mechanics in an efficient, safe and economical manner.
· Implement and preserve sound maintenance practices for equipment through preventative maintenance programs and procedures.
· Be responsible for all equipment and maintenance activities as related to keeping proper records & maintaining proper inventory of spare parts.
· Coordinate procurement of parts, supplies and materials to perform required duties effectively and efficiently.
· Coordinate projects and work activities with dispatch & Director of Operations or others as needed.
· Other tasks designated by the Operations Director.
Skills / Qualifications:
· Strong organizational skills. Effective communicator. Superior interpersonal skills and confidence.
· Possess proficient mechanical expertise with hydraulic equipment
· Establish and maintain good relations between maintenance personnel, drivers, operators and others.
· Ability to perform under pressure with frequent interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to be a creative problem solver, a strategic thinker and decision maker.
· Physical agility required.
· Ability to operate standard vehicles and office equipment to include telephone, computer, fax and copy machine.
· Computer skills with Microsoft Word & Excel.
· Must be able to secure a TWIC card within 90 days.
· Excellent compensation package with health care benefits.
· Safe and clean work environment.
· Be part of a team for one of the most respected Crane Company's in the Tri-State area.
· Job security – Operating since 1947
· Career advancement opportunities.
· Smoke and drug free work environment