Get new similar jobs by email for
·Observe mechanical devices in operation, making adjustments as necessary to maintain optimum equipment performance, troubleshooting and resolving any equipment issues.
·Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove/repair/replace defective parts.
·Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections or dimensional changes.
·Make necessary adjustments to functional parts of equipment devices and control instruments to ensure optimum performance.
·Repair or replace defective parts. Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
·Clean and lubricate parts.
·Start devices to test their performance.
·Set up and operate drill press, grinder, mill and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
·Ensure required spares / parts are stocked for all assets.
·Create and keep updated a list of critical spares.
·Weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, tanks, and other plant equipment or structures, according to layouts, blueprints or work orders, using brazing and any variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
· Perform thermalcutting and grinding, repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes and increase size of metal parts, position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
· Locate and repair cracks in vessels, using inspection equipment and gas torch.
· Ensure all pipe and vessel welding conform to ASME B31 standards.
· Ensure allplate and structural welding tasks conform to AWS D1 standards.
Qualified candidates will possess a combination of the following skills and knowledge:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Minimum three (3) years actual and recent welding experience is required.
· Familiarity with basic mechanical and/or electrical terminology.
· Ability to recognize problems with various types of industrial machinery.
· Experience in food processing.
· Experience using special tools required to perform assigned tasks is mandatory.