Coordinate activities related to the planning in the maintenance and engineering department. Assist engineering staff in the various tasks.
- Create purchase orders and resolve invoice issues.
- Work with accounting team to capitalize fixed asset projects.
- Monitor materials and equipment inventory and evaluate inventory assets.
- Compile inventory reports.
- Maintain, restock and obsolete inventory of materials and equipment.
- Conduct studies and set up programs designed to keep inventories at optimum level for production and allow optimal use of machinery, materials and resources.
- Schedule maintenance in collaboration with production departments.
- Create work orders and inspection sheets for Maintenance.
- Assign and track inventory usage for repairs to each asset.
- Develops and maintains planned and predictive maintenance procedures as required.
- Identify and obtain materials, special tools and equipment necessary to complete work.
- Maintain work order files and schedule maintenance in accordance with priority limits and completion dates.
- Collaborate with managers to show actual labor expended versus estimated labor and material used for completed jobs.
- Conduct informal training of maintenance personnel on proper maintenance procedures and proper reporting procedures and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance tool.
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy, and update machinery history data in the CMMS.
Qualified candidates will possess a combination of the following skills and knowledge:
- 3-5 years planning department experience.
- Personal computer experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain composure and pleasant manner under pressure.
- Good communication skills with manager, staff, suppliers and peers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Associate's Degree.
- Experience with CMMS Maximo.
- Exposure to manufacturing working conditions and environment.
- Employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasional work in high places and in outside weather conditions and occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat.