Graham Packaging is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of technology-based, customized blow-molded plastic containers for the branded food and beverage, household, personal care/specialty, and automotive lubricants product categories. The company has an extensive blue-chip customer base that includes many of the world’s largest branded consumer products companies and it produces more than 20 billion container units annually at 83 plants in North America, Europe, and South America, and sales reaching $3 billion.
As we continue to expand and add new machines, we have an opportunities for experienced Maintenance Technicians to work night shift and rotating (days to nights every 28 days, every other weekend off, 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next week) 12 hour shifts in our Findlay, Ohio facility. The primary function of this position is to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment while meeting and exceeding safety requirements.
Specific Duties include:
• Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as conveyors systems, hydraulic equipment, pneumatic equipment, compressors, chillers, dryers, cooling towers, etc.
• Ability to start-up, shut down, operate, job change, and trouble shoot complete blow molding line (blow molders, trimmers, grinders, conveyors, blenders, case packer) and auxiliary equipment(Air compressors, chillers, dehumidified air, string tiers, box machines, insert machines, Pearson and bliss box machines, etc.) with training.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment, know safety procedures for all equipment used, and practice good housekeeping in all areas worked.
• Installation support for various pieces of equipment, installing proper safety devices and providing necessary outlets and switches. Perform electrical/electronic troubleshooting, welding, metal fabricating and pipefitting.
• Install and wire industrial automation line controls and integrate with existing network.
• Troubleshoot, program and repair robotic equipment.
• Conduct periodic tests or checks of all electrical or electronic instruments.
• Identify and report potential equipment and building problems.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Our facility is highly automated and the ideal candidate will posses these qualifications and skills:
• Strong, hands-on PLC and controls experience.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and complex mechanical equipment with the capability to diagnose using visual and auditory senses, test components and technical publications.
• A minimum of 3+ years experience in industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment, plastics background a plus.
• Ability to use shop equipment and tools (lathe, drill press, mill, cut-off saw, arbor press, hydraulic press, wrenches, chisels, grinders, drills, etc.) as well as analog and digital equipment, voltmeters, ohmmeters and other hand tools.
• Ability to read maintenance manuals, schematics/blue prints, drawings, parts manuals, catalogs and other maintenance literature.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Skill in oral/interpersonal communications.
• Ability to meet threshold requirements on validated assessment instrument.
• Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred and/or combination of education and/or apprenticeship.
Graham Packaging offers a competitive compensation program and benefits packaging including: medical/dental, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match, Flexible Spending Accounts and much more!
Graham Packaging Company
170 Stanford Parkway
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V