Maintains building environment and grounds by maintaining building, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment; providing housekeeping, grounds keeping, and repair services.
* Secures building and occupants by maintaining alarm and fire protection devices.
* Keeps equipment operational, systems and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; maintaining maintenance records; following policies and procedures; completing repairs and installing replacement parts; reporting needed changes.
* Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up litter; removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot; painting; mowing the lawns and cleaning surrounding landscape.
* Completes special requests by hauling files and boxes; moving furniture; setting up furnishings; preparing rooms for meetings; assembling public announcement and audio visual equipment; following manufacturer's operating and care guidelines; completing repairs and installing replacement parts.
* Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures; cleaning counters, walls, ceiling and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors; vacuuming and shampooing furniture and carpeting; requesting products/supplies necessary for stocking restrooms and lunchrooms; removing recyclables.
* Maintains building climate by trouble-shooting heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment.
* Maintains lighting by installing light bulbs and ballasts; repairing electrical wiring and fixtures.
* Maintains system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatuses.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Waste Treatment, Equipment Maintenance, Facilities Coordination, Surveillance Skills, Safety Management, HVAC Systems, Lifting, Time Management, Initiative, Thoroughness, Informing Others
work on the bright side®
Welcome to the Bright Side® at La Quinta Inns & Suites®.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
- Fastest growing limited-service hotels in the North America
- Operate and provide franchise services with over 65,000 rooms in over 700 properties
- Locations in 46 states plus Canada and Mexico under the names La Quinta Inns and La Quinta Inns & Suites
- Based out of Dallas, Texas, over 9,000 employees nationwide work on the Bright Side
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
- Take care of our employees
- Take care of our guests
- Keep the hotels spotlessly clean and well maintained
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted hotel stay at all of our locations
- Flex Spending account plans