Get new similar jobs by email for
REPORTS TO:General Manager
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining the hotel’s physical plant in accordance with Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
• Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include television sets, light fixtures, etc.
• Perform all other duties outlined in the Company’s Quick-Fix and 50/50 Preventative Maintenance programs.
• Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
• Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment, and supplies.
• Report requests for major repairs to the General Manager in accordance with hotel procedures.
• Assist the General Manager in determining capital requests and monitoring existing contracts for capital projects.
• Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
• Smile, acknowledge, and greet guests while in guest rooms or any other area of the hotel.
• Respond to guest’s requests for immediate repairs.
• Be available to work a flexible schedule.
• Assist other employees in various assignments, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
Safety and Security
• Perform work duties in accordance with Company safety and security policies and procedures, as well as in accordance with posted OSHA, HazCom, and Blood Borne Pathogen regulations and other applicable state and local regulations.
• Report and store lost-and-found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
C:\Documents and Settings\phandric\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK2\Maintenance Rev 070810.doc
•High school diploma or equivalent.
•Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair experience.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
•Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
• Must display very good organization and time management skills.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
• Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and work with little or no supervision.
• Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Must be able to obtain valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
•Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods, often for a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
• Must be able to frequently walk and climb/descend stairs approximately 50% of the time.
• Must have general dexterity for firm and simple grasping of objects. Some tasks, such as the use of small repair tools, may also require fine dexterity skills.
• Must be able periodically kneel, reach, crawl, and twist torso as needed to accomplish required tasks.
• Must be able to push and/or pull approximately 60% of the time, to include when using a cart to carry linens, trash, tools, etc. or when operating equipment such as a lawnmower, pavement sweeper, wheelbarrow, etc.
• Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and a Maximum of 140 pounds with assistance.While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technical development).
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits: