Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Lorton, VA 22079
Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
Years of Experience
2+ to 5 Years
High School or equivalent
18.00 - 28.00 $ /hour
Maintenance Technician/Maintenance Mechanic
About the Job
Job Purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Travels in a company supplied service vehicle to perform repairs and maintenance at several different customer jobsites
Duties: * Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Completes on-site fabrication using an arc or mig welder.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity